peter pan

10:35 AM

top - boden, glasses - warby parker, pants - j.crew, shoes - steve madden, bag - anthro

We're on our third day of true autumn weather and I have to admit I am enjoying it to the fullest! We went to Costco for some Olli sausage and when we walked back out to our car it was unmistakable - summer is gone and autumn is settling in. The mornings have been overcast and chilly and tiny piles of freshly fallen leaves are starting to collect at the edges of the sidewalk. 

As I was making our bed this morning I suddenly found myself thinking about all the things I'm looking forward to in the coming months and so I thought why not write them down?!

This autumn I'm looking forward to:

making pumpkin cookies, donuts and just about everything
wrapping myself up in an oversize cozy scarf
unpacking boots, sweaters and coats (it's like shopping, except it's my own stuff!)
thanksgiving with it's celebration of gluttony
piping hot cherry and apple pies out of the oven
cold and ruddy noses and cheeks
leaf piles that smell like autumn and are crunchy and fluffy all at the same time
hot apple cider from the apple orchard that burns your mouth
giving Birdie a ride in a radio flyer while we pick apples
the sound of wood crackling in the fireplace
Birdie's first Halloween!
the smell of butternut squash soup cookie on the stove (I make a mean one)
cuddling on the sofa with a million blankets during a rainstorm
fall scented candles
pumpkins gracing every surface of our home
cranberry sauce (I just got into this last year & where has it been all my life???)
roasting things - squashes, pumpkin seeds and poultry
chili simmering in the slow cooker

What about you?! What are your favorite things about autumn?

You Might Also Like

2 notes

  1. I love this! You look adorable :) and that purse it too cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Dasha!! You're the sweetest :) xo

      Delete

Let's talk!