good morning!!

9:05 AM

Good morning folks!! It's Friday morning which means play time around these parts. I'm not much of a morning person but Birdie is slowly but surely turning me into one. How can I possibly sleep when there's a smiling, delicious and giggly baby to play with?? We're really into new experiences right now - discovering new toys, experiencing the pure ecstasy that comes from one's first ride in the laundry bin and perfecting one's jump in a very bouncy bouncer. We also grew two bottom teeth, almost overnight, which makes her grin even more ridiculous and darling. We're sleeping through the night and grown quite close to Andiamo the dog (can't sleep without it as a matter of fact).  
In a few minutes we'll probably make our way to the kitchen, Birdie still in her jam-jams and me still in my robe. I'll whip her up a peach and banana smoothie (her favorite) and make a pot of coffee for papa bear and I. The sun will inevitably start peeking through the thick foliage that surrounds our little cabin and perhaps we'll put a record on (current favorites are Vampire Weekend and Frank Sinatra). We'll tell Birdie about our plans for the day in between spoonfuls of her smoothie. 
Then we'll lay out her blanket in the living room and pour out her basket of toys. She'll play and we'll work. And so begins another day...

You Might Also Like

10 notes

  1. Oh I just want to pick up that baby of your.....she is the cutest! Reminds me of my little boy. You have a beautiful family ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww! Thank you Sandy!! You are incredibly sweet! xo

      Delete
  2. My goodness I have got to see some baby pics of you two because as of now I think she is a SPITTING image of Papa Bear! Precious girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're getting a lot of that lately now that she's older, warms my heart :). Thank you! xo

      Delete
  3. Quick question...for smoothies, are you using fresh or frozen fruit? Our babies are close in age and I have only given Maeve baked/pureed fruits and apple sauce so far. I've read/heard that cooked fruits are more easily digested at this point, but just wondering what your take on this is.
    Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're kind of letting her try anything she's interested in. The smoothies I make are just frozen bananas (that I freeze myself) and then some fresh fruits (peaches, strawberries or pineapple) and then a splash of almond milk. She seems to do with all of it. She's really just not eating that much period so I don't think it's ever enough to really make a difference. Solids are sooo hard :( I'm hoping she'll get more excited about them soon :) xo

      Delete
  4. love these photos - they made me giggle. such a little sweetheart. as a morning person your morning sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Her sweet face always puts a smile on my face.

    ReplyDelete

Let's talk!